Broken Ipod touch? 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by parttimepoet, Oct 18, 2009.

1. parttimepoet

parttimepoet New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod touch that's only a year old broke. I had been listening to it, and it died for the first time (I always plug it in before it's completely out of battery). So, naturally, I plugged it in to charge. But then, it wouldn't turn on and it told me to connect it to the computer to restore. So I did. But when I did that, it said that it couldn't be restored and I would always get the error message 1601, or 13, and lately- 2002. I have the latest version on itunes, and everything. I have no idea what could have happened to my ipod and I've tried everything!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please help?
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try DFU mode, plug it in, turn it off, press power for 3 seconds, then hold home with power for 10, then release power while holding the home button, and it will say itunes found an ipod in recovery mode. the screen should be off
  3. Bradoeoe

Bradoeoe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah and then when it's plugged in and you have put it in DFU mode open iTunes an click 'recover'. That should work
  4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if the restore doesnt work (didnt work on mine) try doing it on another computer that got it working up and fine then you can just switch back to other computer