Broken iPod. No Idea what to do.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Drewseppi, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Drewseppi

Drewseppi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright. I have a 32 gig 2g iPod touch with the 3.0 software. Jailbroken with redsn0w. I was working in a warehouse last week and it was rather hot. I'm not sure if the iPod can overheat; but it's the only thing i can think of. I used it at about noon a week ago for lunch. And as i was leaving work 6 hours later; it wouldnt turn on. I thought it was dead and when i got home; i plugged it into my pc to no avail.

The iPod will not turn on at all; respond to any computer (tried 3 pc's; all of which the iPod has worked on before.) I still have the one year warranty; but i'm nervous about bringing it to the apple store due to it being jailbroken. I've tried the 5 R's; tried putting it in DFU mode; I've had it plugged into my computer for the last 72 hours and still nothing has shown up.

I just want to make sure there is nothing else i can do before i go to the apple store and have them tell me that its jailbroken and they can't do anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Been searching online for days and still cant find any kind of cure.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But if its dead and can't be turned on, how is Apple going to know its jailbroken? If they can't turn it on then they won't know its jailbroken. Just make up a story and if it is broken they may give you a replacement.
  3. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

What he said. People always say jailbreaking voids the warranty, but if you can't turn it on they can't know. If you can turn it on you can restore it, so I'd just take it in and tell them it won't turn on.
  4. kevchen19

kevchen19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^^ Yup and if they do turn it on problem solved

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    how hot was it there? I think that at something like 45-50° C the iPod overheats.

But try going to an Apple Store. They won't take it away from you If they do find out it's jailbroaken! And I guess this is a hardware problem and not a software problem so the jailbrak doesen't change anything there!
  6. franck ribery

franck ribery New Member

try this
    first open i tunes

keep presing the and home buttons for 1 minutes until the itunes pop up and come the ipod and then restore your ipod
  7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    If you want to tell him to try DFU mode (your post is hard to read), then you should read the first post! He said he already tryed!
  8. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would try over and over again to put it in DFU Mode.

Plug it into your computer.
    Hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds.
    After 10 seconds, release the power button and keep holding the home button for 30.
    If after holding the home button for 30 seconds doesnt do anything, try it again.

Try DFUing it about 30 times, if you cant do it, neither can the Apple Store.
    Take it there, and they'll replace it.
  9. Drewseppi

Drewseppi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you all; just takin it to the apple store on monday. figure its either new or fixed outcome no matter what.
  10. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The worst theyre going to do is not fix it.

Its not like your going to get arrested, because Apple hasn't won the case over deeming jailbreaking illegal yet. And even if jailbreaking IS deemed illegal, they still cant arrest you.