Broken digitizer bottom, can't unlock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rkrueger, Dec 4, 2010.

1. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey,

So my friend has a 1st gen iPod and had dropped it and broke the digitizer. The only place it doesn't work, however, is at the bottom. Not counting all the other annoyances, the problem is that he can't unlock it.

I was wondering if there was anyway to unlock it or get to the springboard since I can't "Slide to unlock". If I could, then I could jailbreak it, install activator, and ect. Anyone know how to do this?
  2. dong1225

dong1225 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    problem is
    how do you unlock to get to cydia after jailbreaking?
  3. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Is there a way to get it unlocked without sliding to unlock.
  4. dong2512

dong2512 Guest

I guess there must be some trick to install activator without going into Cydia using redsnow's new custom bundle installation feature but sadly, I don't know the specifics of such process and don't have time to research it now.

Short answer: It should be possible but I don't know the specifics.
  5. humanidt

humanidt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there may be a way: on the lock screen, swipe the status bar to bring up sb settings, then hit more. when the "more" screen loads, hit the home button. it should go right to the homescreen.
    btw this is a dangerous exploit, just saying
    im just curious, how do you know what the rest of the digitizer works? like when its locked, and its (assumingly from your post) unjailbroken, the only working thing on the lock screen is the slide to unlock. maybe the whole thing is broken. but you can't know until you get to the homescreen
  6. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you can tell cause if you double click the home button, the ipod controls come up. hehe tricky huh? and can someone tell me more about the redsn0w custom bundle feature?
  7. miithewii

miithewii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    interesting, but just saying to install ANYTHING in cydia it need the bottom half of the screen, you could install using SSH but idk if you have that. has to be winscp because you need the command line. buy a new digitizer.