iOS 4.1 Broken Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nitrogen521, Oct 11, 2010.

1. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I noticed all of a sudden, the SHSH green text on top of my Cydia is gone..

How do you fix this?

Also, for limerain, if apple releases 4.2, and you use limerain, it will be tether, right? And everytime you turn on a phone you got to run limerain, right?

If you have to use limerain again, do you have to put the device in DFU mode?
  2. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Mine is too. But I still have the blobs. They're prolly there, just not showing up because Cydia is under massive server loads right now.
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. I don't think that you need to worry about the green text. When you save your SHSH blobs to Cydia's server, they will always be there. But maybe try refreshing Cydia and see if that works?

2. I'm not sure about whether the 4.2 jailbreak with Limera1n with be tethered or not. Sorry.

3. No, you don't need to put it into DFU mode. If a device is tethered, and you press the Power Button to turn it on, you will see the Recovery Mode logo. Just plug it into your computer and iTunes may come up with a message saying that it has detected an iPod in Recovery Mode and needs to restore it. Just ignore the message and close iTunes. Then run the Limera1n application and wait for a couple of minutes while your device boots. Putting it in DFU mode will make you have to restore, so don't do it!
  4. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So just run limerain regular? Open up limerain and run it when you plug in your ipod and itunes read said it has detected in recovery mode?

I mean Idc if 4.2 is tether or not, but the limerain JB will work right? No matter what version it is like 4.3,4.6..

Edit: Just ran tinyumbrella, tried to get my 4.1 shsh blobs, umbrella said found file and caching file, but it nver downloaded to my computer. Than I switched to to apple and downloaded the SHSH files. So I guess cydia server overloading?
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The Cydia SHSH server is down for the time being due to the huge mass of users attempting to retrieve their SHSH due to limera1n.