Broken 3rd Gen...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LXZ, Oct 19, 2009.

1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So as I was playing Rock Band, I noticed that my sound was being jumpy.. when I pressed on the screen the speaker would get louder, and if if was letting off of it it would get quiet. And then I looked down and noticed that everytime I touched the screen in the middle the screen acted like a monitor (you know, if you have a flatscreen computer monitor, and you push your finger against it how it makes it look weird.) Well, I know for a fact that the ipod touch should not have a weak spot like that in it.. but there it was, and it got stuck all magnetized looking for a minute or two but then went back to normal.

Luckily, I have 2 days left before my 30 days to return it to best buy are up.
    Here is my question... I was already thinking about doing this, but had decided to keep what I got, but now this has came up and I have to go to best anyways...

When I take it back should I just get another 3rd Gen, and go on with life. Or should I get a 2nd Gen (if they even have them still) and use the left over cash to buy me a used Nintendo DS (I've been wanting one).

And one last question, will they give me another 30 days? I was surprised to see an apple product get a weak spot so quick, I am very gentle with my stuff.. people make fun of me I am so gentle with it. Now given you have to press slightly hard on it to make it act up, but the reason I pressed harder than normal is because it was being slightly unresponsive to touching it.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea...

Your pressing too hard dude.
  3. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea...

You must have not read my entire post.
  4. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ He's right. If I push too hard on my iPod Touch 2G or iPhone 3GS, the screen goes in. Just don't push it in.
  5. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, its not supposed to do that.
    I have a older 1G and it does not do that no matter how hard I push.

And like I said, the whole reason I pushed in was because the touch screen was acting up, it knew I was touching it one second just fine.. and then it would completely think I was touching it somewhere else.

And now, I am trying to restore the damn thing so I could restore it to default, and erase everything and it just keeps throwing errors at me..
  6. Bradoeoe

Bradoeoe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could try putting it into dfu mode to restore it.
    And if they still have the 2nd gen there isnt really much difference except it's faster... But they probably won't have 2nd gen's anymore
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Personally I wouldn't get a DS/DSi... not worth getting if you have an iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DFU does not work either, I am taking it back this morning and will figure out what to do.

btw, I want a DS so I can have actual buttons to play emulators, the ipod touch just does not cut it :[
  9. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Go buy a used psp then. Psp is the best system to run emulators on. But make sure the psp is on 5.01 or lower so you can hack it

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. twilighter

twilighter Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the 3G is not too big of a deal.
    i say get the 2G and get a psp or ds.

you wont notice too much difference.