Bro Smashes iPod on Ground HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NYDMT, Mar 16, 2010.

1. NYDMT

NYDMT New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my damn lil bro took my ipod touch and smashed it on the ground. there is no visible damage (it had a case on it) other than the metal back of the touch is a lil off alignment with the rest of the ipod. whenever i press the power button, nothing happens. i plugged it into my computer and itunes said its in recovery mode and needs to be restored. restoring doesnt work, and i can't see any display on my ipod watsoever. is there no hope to fix my touch?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    its either hardware or dfu will work
  3. NETEFX

NETEFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, if it dropped so hard that the case has become misaligned or dented there is a good chance you have a hardware failure. Take a good look at the LCD in bright light and see if you see any dark areas or spots that might indicate a cracked LCD. Although typically you get some bright areas I have repaired a few where the LCD was just completely toast.

You may want to open it up and verify that the cables that attached the LCD to the logic board are still connected. Depending on the area that is now separated it may have created enough room for these cables to pop loose during the impact.

I know we provide free diagnostics for iPhones I am sure there is one near you that will take a look for free.
  4. NYDMT

NYDMT New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thx im gonna open it up and check
  5. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    good luck bro. dont wanna damage anything