bringing it up again... EMU request

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by bladednuisance, May 1, 2008.

1. bladednuisance

bladednuisance New Member

so, I've seen several people bring it up, and get shut down, I was reluctant to post this... But, considering I have a couple of very valid points I think its worth the flames!

Now... bare with me, and please read the entire post before plotting your flames!

N64... yep, N64

the 2 reasons people say they wont create n64 emulator:
    1) iPod does not have enough power to run the software
    2) Controls would take to much screen space

My counterpoints
    1) iPod runs PSX games at about 60-75% speed, on average. The PSX was more powerful than N64, just a little. In theory N64 should run a little faster then PSX. Around 70-80%. So if its worth it to have PSX, why not N64, I mean really? Equally great games, that run faster... WHY NOT?
    2) Look at Genesis4iphone, landscape mode, imagine this: X/A are A/B, Y/Z/C/B are C-PAD, and -/+ are L/R... Very few N64 games used the D-PAD, and L, along with the JOYSTICK, and Z. Even fewer used them in conjunction with one another, right... So, why not just add a button between -/menu, or, L/menu if you will, that toggles between D-PAD/L, and JOYSTICK/Z. See, N64 wouldn't take any more screen than Genesis... Why isn't the more Far more advanced console, worth using the same control pad as a console that is 10 years older?

I don't see the arguments from people, as reasons, but rather excuses!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE N64? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You don't know anything about hardware, emulation, or coding do you?

I didn't think so. This thread is going to get closed in a matter of minutes
  3. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would love an N64 emulater but I dont think its gonna happen
  4. bladednuisance

actually I do have a little expieriance with all of the above, how about you?

look up your PSX, and N64 specs

The button toggle feature would not effect the emulation itself, in any way, it would only be an inconvieniance to the player to have to switch back, and forth , provided they are playing 1 of about 15 games that really require this!

if you are refering to my comparison between N64/Genesis, I'm just pointing out that they could be run off of the same control layout!

either: you dont know about this stuff, your a developer that failed at creating an N64 emu,or just want to be the first to flame!

Nice try though!
  5. bladednuisance

Its not going to, I know, but I just want people to know that there is no TRUE reason why, only excuses!
  6. aa_man137

aa_man137 New Member

Are you stupid? Dont you think that everybody else, or at least half of everybody else out there wants an N64 on their ipod.touch/iphone just as bad as you? Some of those people probably have mode programming skill and knowlege of game systems in their left nut than you've ever imagined existed. I dont think anyone here has made any excuses, just valid points as to why the N64 just will not work on our devices.

just my opinion
  7. bladednuisance

its not that its not possible. its just "not worth the effort" to quote one developer, directly!

the control idea wouldnt require altoring the game or anything, just the creation of a controller manager, like on pc versions of emulators, it would be possible, I' not trying to disrespect anyone, just trying to help! Ya know!

check this out though, read my post, #13.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61627&page=2

if we get this thing working good enough, and are able to release it to the masses, what about then?
  8. 1234567890123456789012345

1234567890123456789012345 New Member

(Not a Flame) The N64 DEFINETELY is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more powerful than PSX. If it were created, it would probably run at HALF the speed. Just because it is a cartridge based console does NOT make it less powerful.
  9. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

First of all, I hate flamers, so I always say this when somebody brings up N64. Zodttd said this in his irc chat room to me
    I would like nothing better than to play Super Mario 64 on my touch but it just won't happen until there is a hardware upgrade.
  10. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The main reason why the PSX was possible is because the iPod Touch and the PSX both use the same type of processor. (ARM)