Bringing a Jailbroken Ipod Touch to get repaired (out of warranty)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PyrettaBlaze, Dec 28, 2009.

1. PyrettaBlaze

PyrettaBlaze New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys,

I need to get the headphone jack replaced on my ipod touch... The problem is that it's jailbroken and I really don't feel like restoring and then have to add over 27gbs worth of music to it. I used poof to hide the obvious unlicensed apps, but the boot logo is a pineapple... So once they reboot it, they'll see that it's jailbroken.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if apple would still repair a jailbroken ipod touch that is out of warranty? Also, what will happen if they find out it is jailbroken after it gets repaired? Are they allowed to keep it or do they have to give it back?

Thanks
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I don't know if they will repair without warrenty but when you first give it to them they do some checks to see if it's modified( jailbrocken, etc.) then if it isn't they give it back and won't help you. Just backup and restore and take in and if they fix it ( because on warrenty) just rejailbreak it again. Long story short they will not fix it if there is any evidence of jailbreak. Good luck
  3. Uchiha1911

Uchiha1911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    They will repair it, but that's going to cost you mate

Please Register or Log in to view images

If they find out that it is jailbroken (which they will), they'll just send it back to you without repairing it.
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

they will refuse to fix it if it is jailbroken. Just backup your ipod and restore it THEN send it.