Brightness/Contrast Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Flamey87, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

I currently have two iPod Touch 2nd Gens, both jailbroken.

For some reason, although both iPods have the exact level of brightness in the Settings menu (I've essentially set the exact same settings to both of them), one of the two seems to have a lower contrast. It might just be speculation, but I feel one seems to have a blue tint, and the other yellow (the difference in contrast is still nevertheless very distinct). I'm not exactly sure whether this problem persisted before the jailbreaking process, as I only just recently compared the two.

Is there any other way, other than changing the brightness in the Settings menu, to change the contrast/brightness of the Touch?

Also, I've managed to get Installer to show up on the screen, but it crashes instantly, once launched.
    And Cydia's doing precisely the same thing! Is anyone else encountering this problem (with Cydia, so I can make sure the server's down, and it's not just me =])?
  2. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

RE: screen tints (And therefore contrast), it's just down to the manufacture week. There's no setting, it's to do with the screen model or glass or something. Not sure on the specifics, but you can't change it basically.
  3. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

Alright, thank you, that helped a lot. =]