Brighter when charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by disdude, Mar 29, 2010.

1. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've had my 2G for over a year, and I have no idea what Auto Brightness does (lol). I was wondering if there's a feature out there, jailbroken or not, that makes your screen a certain brightness that you set. Does Auto Brightness do this? If not, where can I find it?

Thanks for any help.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    auto brightness changes ur light a little depending what light is around you. Like if its dark the screen be brighter, with a lightly room it be darker. You can chanage the brightness in the general app or sbsettings
  3. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Any idea for the feature I wanted?
  4. br0adband

br0adband New Member

The general recommendation is that leaving the Auto setting "On" is useless for almost all intents and purposes. It'll either always be too dark or entirely too bright (and it gets pretty bright) so, perhaps you should just turn that aspect/feature off once and for all then set the level to whatever you want.

It's the first thing I change when I restore an iPod touch or iPhone, I can't stand how dark it is on manual. The iPod touches and the iPhones have a light sensor above the LCD display (under the glass, however) that detects ambient light and adjusts the brightness but, the way it adjusts sucks, plain and simple.

I disable it, set it to about 40-50% and rarely if ever need to adjust it again. That's how you get the level you want so that it sticks, disable the Auto setting under brightness and adjust the slider, that's about it.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not completely sure what you mean.. On your iPod, you can set the brightness and if you want auto brightness on, then turn it on, if not, then turn it off. I'm not exactly sure what 'feature' you're looking for though.

Actually, it's the opposite. When you're in a dark environment, the brightness lowers because you won't need it very bright to see the screen. In a bright environment, the brightness is raised so you can see the screen.

I do the same thing. The auto brightness feature is pretty useless to me.
  6. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    OK, let me try to explain differently. I always keep my brightness really low to conserve battery. Well, I hate when it's dark, but I love the battery life I get out of it. When it's plugged in, there is no need for it to be so dim. Is there a tweak or something, so that when I plug it in, it automatically goes to a desired brightness?
  7. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not as I know of.

You can quickly adjust it with the SBSettings plug-in.