bricks after restore from backup with jailbreaked ipod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by techie, Feb 2, 2009.

1. techie

techie New Member

Hi, there. I made a backup before I began to jailbreak my ipod Touch 2G. Then I went ahead with the jailbreak. Everything went fine. And I had a jailbreaked iPod Touch 2G. I restored from the backup I made before. It was really a slow process. So I left it there and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up, I found my ipod touch bricked. I repeated the step 13 of jfb392's thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137796. But nothing happened. I couldn't boot up my ipod touch.

What's wrong with it? Could I restore my iPod after the jailbreak? Thanks!
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    if it was bricked.. you wouldnt even be able to turn it into DFU mode. So it is not bricked. You should never restore from a backup when jailbreaking. What you need to do is put into DFU, restore with a normal firmware, and then restart the whole process from number 1.
  3. techie

techie New Member

Thanks for your answer, thehitman. But is there any method to keep the data after jailbreaking? I have a lot of information stored on my ipod. If there's no way to do it, I have to abandon the jailbreaking. That's so bad.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The method is to backup the data before you jailbreak and then re-sync it.
  5. techie

techie New Member

Thanks for your reply. But how can I do it? Didn't I backup the data when I right-clicked on the iPod and selected Backup?
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    he ment, manualy back it up. You can just sync contacts and music back on though.
  7. techie

techie New Member

So there's no automatic way to restore the data back. Some of the data might not be able to backup. OMG. I will think about the jailbreak. Anyway, thank you all very much!
  8. ipodtouchjb

ipodtouchjb New Member

omg mine was also bricked??? what will i do? i restored my back up too.. is it bricked?

already resolved ^^.. not to back up again..