Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brendanm, Jan 27, 2010.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So I've had this iPod Touch 2G since last christmas, it's a pretty decent little rig. I broke the power button though, it's stuck inside the casing and it's impossible to get out. I've tried everything, but anyways, my iPod wouldn't restore to the 3.1 firmware I have saved on my PC so I decided to go to settings: general: reset: erase all content and settings hoping it'd take me back to the stock firmware! Anyway, it was going fine, then it didn't turn back on, it went to the black screen with the white apple logo and a spinning wheel that doesn't spin... It stays that way, tried rebooting, unplugging, replugging e.t.c and NOTHING works!

I don't know what to do? Can someone help me? I know there was a jailbreak program in the past that could force it into DFU mode but not even iTunes is recongizing it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks guys,
    Brendan
  2. Just_For_Now

Just_For_Now Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you turn the device off?
    And you say the home button just doesn't work?
    Hm i thin there is a program for forcing it into DFU let me google.

Edit: try this.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The power button is the button which doesn't work. The home button is perfectly fine, and yeah, the iPod is off now.. I had to let it die.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I tried the link, iPod Touch Fan's isn't allowing me to get to it, can you PM it please?
    Sorry for another edit... Yet I'm trying Cyw00d's program, remember the jailbreak helper whenever the jailbreak first came up? That's supposed to force it into DFU on it's own, so I'm giving that a shot.. Although I'm on 3.1!
    I can't get Cyw00d's program to work and I downloaded it with Dial-Up.. Frig. Anyone got any other ideas?
    Anyone got any ideas? Please?