bricked using redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silent-type, Jul 13, 2009.

1. silent-type

silent-type New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hello,
    my iphone froze during the redsn0w 8 process and in like 5 seconds it froze at ready to reboot screen. i didn't think it was uploading so i unplugged it. i thought i got in dfu mode (but wont know for sure anymore) and my iphone will not do any thing but go to recovery mode and turn off. it's impossible to go to dfu mode and computer doesn't see it but somehow itunes does and when trying to restore gets error 13 and an apple on the screen is frozen till i shut it off. it has not been jailbroken. that's what i was trying to do but i think i tried it from original 2.2.1 5hll to 3.0 in redsn0w i think i should have upgraded to 3.0 with itunes first.
    any help please thanx to anyone
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Why do you say that it is impossible to get into DFU?

Might want to try a different computer and see if that helps. If you get it recognized do a factory restore via iTunes and then try the Jailbreak again.
  3. silent-type

silent-type New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    how can i get to dfu mode if cant get to the menu where to slide to turn off. could i get to dfu mode from recovery mode (itune and usb logo). well i dont think i can but if i can get there from recovery mode then whats the indication that i am in dfu mode. well i tunes is the only thing that connects to it not even the computer sees it .and i tryied every firmware (using itunes 8.2) and i get just get the apple icon or lighted plain black screen never finishes and it always has error 13.
  4. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you don't need to "SLIDE TO TURN OFF" to get to DFU mode. When you turn on the device and the apple pops up, hold down the power and home button until the logo dissappears, and then release your finger off the power button, but hold the home button for like a long time until the computer recognizes the iPhone or you think it may have...sometimes the iphone can be in DFU mode without the computer knowing, and you can use Redsn0w to rejailbreak it.

Hope i was of some help
  5. silent-type

silent-type New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    when i turn it on it shows the apple for a couple seconds and goes straight to recovery mode (itunes and usb icon) and to turn off i have to hold power and home for ten seconds. and every time i plug it in the computer my iphone turn on and goes straight to recovery mode
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thanks guy for all the help it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

but stupid as it sounds i ignored a very important step....
    SWITCH USB OUTLET!!!!
  6. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you have to hold the POWER + HOME fast before it hits recovery mode. It IS possible. I have had an iPhone do the same. You just have to be fast with it.