bricked my ipod touch!!! NEED HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by net4794, Feb 21, 2009.

1. net4794

net4794 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From what I have seen, my ipod touch 2g can connect to the computer and all that junk but it always stays in recovery mode. iTunes tells me to restore it so I do that and after about 20 restores the same message still pops up.
    I was trying to jailbreak it and I guess I messed up with DFU mode somehow and now all it does on the iPod is shows that pic that tells me to plug it into iTunes(The iTunes logo and a USB).

I am going to the apple store today to get this one replaced cuz of other problems with it and they have to run a diagnostics and junk but they could easily tell that I hacked it. I need help fixing this, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING that I can think to do, any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What error are you getting?
  3. net4794

net4794 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NEVER MIND!!! i got it thanks tho. another thread told me to do this and it worked....
    After navigating to the irecovery SVN folder on command prompt, type in---
    irecovery -s

then after a few seconds type---
    setenv boot-path /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/kernelcache.s5l8720x
    setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    fsboot

now wait a few seconds and you should see the ipod battery in the top right, then it will boot up, YAY!