Bricked my iPod Touch...hehe I need a bit of help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zxx0, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Zxx0

Zxx0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so I got my iPod Touch 3G 64GB about 6 months ago and Jailbroke it the same day using Blackra1n and I never really had problems with it until last week. Normally I would click on an icon and it would start immediately; but last week it slowed down severely, I would click on the icon and the ipod showed I had clicked on it but it would not open the app til like 5 seconds later. Other operations like enabling bluetooth on iBlueNova, which normally took a couple seconds, took forever to enable and yet again when I clicked on anything the ipod showed I had clicked on it but took a couple seconds to actually change screens. Anyway I got fed up with the program and decided to reinstall iBlueNova but the problem remained and I noticed it got even worse, the ipod had slowed down even more. So I decided to respring the Springboard (thought it might be running low on RAM) but respringing it did nothing and after a couple more non-fixes I thought maybe I should turn off the ipod and restart it, and I did that but to my dismay nothing had gotten fixed and then I decided to turn it off again to see if it might get fixed this time (I don't know what made me think that) and it turned on normally but when I started putting my passcode in the ipod froze up, it just froze, it would not do a thing...so I waited and waited and waited while the ipod did absolutely nothing, so out of desperation I pressed the power and home buttons to turn it off, it did turn off and rebooted to the Connect to iTunes screen so I connected it to the computer and ran Blackra1n and the ipod froze on Geohotz face and stayed there for a looooong time...after a while Blackra1n rebooted the ipod and was trying to turn it on again but always got stuck on Geohotz face and it did that again and again and again and again in a constant reboot/recovery mode sequence, so after that I searched on many forums for hours on end to see how to fix it but to no avail.
    I read that redsn0w 0.9.4 could possibly fix the thing but when I ran it, the ipod got stuck on the Downloading Jailbreak Data screen and after a while just rebooted not having done anything.
    By this time after doing all this I noticed that when I tried to turn on the ipod and when it got to the apple logo it took like a minute or so to get to the Connect to iTunes screen, which I dont think it should take that long...also I dont know if this is what happens if the ipod is unplugged and in recovery mode cuz I have never really had it in recovery mode for more than a minute but after it gets to the Connect to iTunes screen it turns off after a couple seconds, I'm guessing it's because the battery is low but then again I dont know.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would prefer not to restore it because I would lose all my files that I foolishly did not back up.
    So I only need it to turn on just once so I can get my stuff off of there cuz I REALLY want to save my files.
    Is there any possible way it can be done (even if it is a little on the bizarre side lol)? It doesnt matter how difficult and/or complicated it might be, I just wanna know if there is a way I can get my stuff off my ipod. And by stuff I mean files that iTunes doesnt back up like MxTube videos, zip and rar files, pictures, Bluetooth file transfers...basically anything that was downloaded using 3rd party apps.
    And if there's a way to fix it without restoring please tell me, I'd be happier than all get out

...although something tells me that isnt possible

, but hey doesnt hurt to ask

Any help would be much appreciated

2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Doesn't sound like its bricked, but restoring is probably a good choice... that or removing some extensions.
  3. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Sorry but I think you will have to restore

4. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

5. Zxx0

Zxx0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do you mean it doesn't sound like its bricked

Removing some extensions? How do I do that?
  6. ThePodofi

When you say bricked it means that your device is completely dead ..no dfu mode..no recovery mode itunes doesnt recognize it.......no powering on and off..no charging..nothing...your not bricked you just need to do a clean restore.
  7. Zxx0

Zxx0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So what's this removing file extensions stuff gazaian was talking about?
    I know I'm getting a little too persistant but I just can't take losing all those files
  8. ThePodofi

Well i think he emeant like delete whatever you downloaded or upgraded or whatever...but seeing as you cant really do anything i think u have to restore i think you can back up your stuff via ssh
  9. Zxx0

Zxx0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    how?!?!?!?!?!? Please tell me!!!!!
  10. ThePodofi

do you have automatic ssh? its in cydia