Bricked my iPod? Please Help.

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by sitric, Jul 22, 2008.

1. sitric

sitric New Member

OK, i had a sudden urge to get the new jailbroken 2.0 on my 8GB touch... it had 1.1.3 then jailbroken with ziphone.
    For this I had to pwn my ipod using winpwn and 1.1.4... carelessly, i gave winpwn the iphone 1.1.4 and it happily started pwning my ipod.... it was waiting ofr it to restart... the screen went out... and wont turn on again. Is it bricked???
    I'm using iTune 7.7 and I cannot get the ipod into the recovery mode... no response USB sounds in windows... i guess the device is just not turning on... HELP!
  2. sitric

sitric New Member

fixed it...
    here is what i did...
    uninstalled itunes 7.7...
    installed itunes 7.5 (filehippo.com)....
    connected dead ipod to computer... did the recovery mode thing.. the screen was still dead.
    downloaded the 1.1.1 ipod firmware. restored it... ipod came back to life on 1.1.1...
    then I downloaded 1.1.4, used it in winpwn. Pwned my ipod... did not build a custom firmware..
    downloaded a 2.0 custom firmware from TPB....
    installed itunes 7.7.... put unjailbroken 1.1.1 pwned ipod in recovery mode.... restored to 2.0 jailbroken.
    restored my ipod to a backup from the same day....

so thats how i got it to work and upgrade to 2.0 without loosing a single thing (except all the installer apps)... but the appstore is really worth it for me... i never used any third-party app other than TTR.
    and itunes remote app is just heaven!

Ciao
  3. tourniquet91

tourniquet91 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    how do you do that?
    the recovery mode thing