BRICKED iPOD

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by iROCKnikes123, Feb 23, 2008.

1. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

NO SUCH THING AS BRICKED iPOD

NO SUCH THING
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BRICKED iPOD . ITS NOT POSSIBLE . STOP POSTING THREADS SAYING THAT YOUR iPOD BRICKED.

even tho ive said it once "/ . but ive learned my lesson definitly

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

Right, and if you think you bricked your ipod than check out the link in my sig.
  3. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Okay, so the point of posting this was what?
  4. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

so people will stop saying that they "bricked" there ipod .
    im tired of reading it .
  5. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Yea but the title of the thread is BRICKED IPOD. So, people are going to come in here, thinking that it is yet another person that was too lazy and/or stupid to search and see that it is impossible. Im not trying to be rude and I understand your frustration and point, but thats just what is going to happen.
  6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Point of this thread?
  7. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

i put the title that so maybe people that think they have bricked there ipod would search for "bricked ipod" and my thread will come up :] .

even tho most of them dont search .
  8. WBSKI

WBSKI New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this isn't doing anything people still won't know how to fix their supposedly bricked touch, should be deleted... You did say you bricked your touch earlier today... People still will
  9. elroy

elroy New Member

I think the real confusion with the iPod is that people keep using the term 'firmware' when talking about 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 etc.

They're not firmware updates, they're Operating System upgrades (or at least that's the best correlation I can make). So, to that affect, you can only 'brick' your iPod in the same way that you can 'brick' your PC by messing about with the Windows files.

Sure, you can mess your PC up to the point that Windows wont load, but you can just reinstall Windows and start again. You've got to screw about with the Bios before you can really 'brick' it.

(OK, I know Bios and true FIrmware are not the same thing, I'm just trying to make a correlation that people understand).

Maybe this community needs to make up a new word to describe a boot borked iPod and 'own' that term in much the same way that the PSP hacking community has made 'bricked' their own

Please Register or Log in to view images

- he he, perhaps we can use this thread to start taking suggestions?
  10. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know where you are coming from, but the title is misleading. When I saw it, expected another one of those threads. Perhaps a mod can change the title to "You Cant Brick your iPod", or something.