Bricked Ipod without Doing or Installing ANYTHING AT ALL, Now in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by lukekim91, Aug 3, 2008.

1. lukekim91

lukekim91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay so i'm running a 1.1.3 jailbroken ipod touch with everything on it-lots of solid apps, lots of music, lots of videos, you get the gist.

So i'm using my ipod, I haven't downloaded ANYTHING on to the ipod in over a week and everything is working perfectly like it always has.

But then, I open up the racing game Raging Thunder and out of nowhere my ipod crashes and when I turn it back on I discover that i'm stuck in recovery mode, which I had to do before and was basically the worst experience of my life as my music library consists of lots of random material from different friends.

Is there ANYTHING I can do AT ALL to not have to wipe my beloved ipod with about 5 screens worth of applications and lots of music?

Some background information:
    1.) I have run and played Raging Thunder before with no problems, although I do remember that the game has crashed (like most betas) before.

2.) The ipod has been working perfectly fine today and before this happened.

3.) I'm running 1.1.3 with most of your standard ipod touch applications.

4.) I don't recall which version of Raging Thunder I was using (if there are different ones) I hadn't opened installer in maybe half a week and hadn't noticed any outstanding updates.

I really appreciate any help that you can give me, and yes I understand that there are hundreds of annoying recovery mode questions and threads on these forums but I felt that my problem was particularly annoying that it would crash without installing or changing anything at all.
  2. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would wait for more answer's, but mine is...

If its in recovery mode then you probably can't get anything back. All your music, video's, and everything else are all in your iTunes already so just sync them. Other than your app's you had, you should be fine. If I were you I'd update to 2.0 so you won't need to do another restore.

Also if your able to get into recover mode then it isn't "bricked" so to you and to everyone else that is going to say it. YOUR IPOD TOUCH ISN'T BRICKED. Last time I checked the definition of an iPhone or iPod being bricked means it cannot do anything and is as useless as a "Brick".
  3. lukekim91

lukekim91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS! I just went to hell and back with my ipod lol.

it was stuck with the itunes restore screen and i just plugged it into my computer and my ipod is fine now. i didn't have to do a thing.

wow.
  4. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok 1st NVR USE THE WURD BRICKED AGAIN and second of all just search through the website 4 an answer oh......... and nvr USE BRICK again......... thank u
  5. lukekim91

lukekim91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    why don't you learn to spell before criticizing others vocabulary rofl.

oh...............and second, did you even read the ecstatic reply that i made just now that i fixed the problem
  6. Street.Musician.123

Street.Musician.123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Um, I've got the same problem right now.. My iPod suddenly went into recovery mode when I connected it to my laptop, and I haven't downloaded a thing on it since last week or so.. Any help? =/