Bricked iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Conya, May 10, 2008.

1. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know all of you say it can't be bricked, but I swear, mine has.

I used iLiberty + to try and jailbreak and use installer, and then it told me to take out the device, because it was in recovery mode..

Now my computer will NOT pick it up at all, not in itunes, iliberty, nothing.

Now on the screen it just says BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 thousands of times. >_>;

Please, I really need your help.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

if the screen says something like what you've stated above, then it's not bricked.
  3. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

This didn't happen to me when I did it. Try putting it in DFU mode.
  4. HanMan5000

HanMan5000 Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Do not worry, there is a simple fix, and that is to put it in Recovery Mode, restore it, and attempt again. Don't ever think you screwed your iPod because the only way you can do that is physically, messing with the Base Band, or screwing with the Boot Neuter. Which is hard if all you know how to do it jailbreak.

So lets get started,

When your iPod is Plugged into the computer, hold the Sleep button (Located at the top of your iPod_ and the Home Button (located under the screen of your iPod) and keep holding them, soon after, your iPod will shut off (If it was on) or Turn on (if it was off), then when you see the Apple keep holding the 2 buttons, then, eventually you will see a Virtual Wire and then the itunes symbol, after you see those you can release your fingers, then, it should be recognized by iTunes and then, press "restore" in iTunes, then you can try again, and thank me =).

Goodluck,Hope I helped!
  5. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Sounds like you pressed the Unlock button. You shouldn't if its an iPod touch.
  6. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    OH, I was holding the buttons down but letting go once the apple came up.

Thanks so much!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. hawk-zone

hawk-zone New Member

Man guys thanks so freakin much i had the same problem, I was practically crying but now I'm happy :-D thanks so much.
  8. DMNovak1

DMNovak1 New Member

ya thank u to i was so mad i had my ipod forever and then i try this the first day and i was goin to cry lol not really thanks