Bricked Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by vilim12, Jan 28, 2008.

1. vilim12

vilim12 New Member

After Downloading Virtual Guitar for my 8gb ipod touch my ipod froze, for about 20 minutes wouldnt turn off or on and then finally shows a black screen with a bunch of white letters looks like a command thing, the ipod will turn off but wont get passed those black screen and white letters, any fix or is my ipod bricked?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You want to go for recovery mode

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305797

You're going to be restoring some known version, and you'll be losing everything on the ipod touch (ie, start with 1.1.1, jail break it, 1.1.2, JB, then sync to get your media back, and then re-install.

Might want to go ahead and try 1.1.3 JB before syncing since it will be all nice and clean.

Feel free to wait for other suggestions - I know this will work, but it does nuke the ipod.
  3. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

That sux i hope it never happens to me
  4. heyitstim

heyitstim New Member

that sucks bro
  5. vilim12

vilim12 New Member

It wont go into restore mode thats the problem, if you need i could post a pic of it?
  6. vilim12

vilim12 New Member

John, bro i love you no homo but it worked thanks alot dude omg wowww this needs to be a sticky
  7. DecompStar

DecompStar New Member

Maybe wait til the battery dies and try plugging it in or something? Try things that may get the iPod to react.
  8. vilim12

vilim12 New Member

Alright, If the ipod touch wont go into restore mode by holding the sleep and home button and releasing the sleep after the ipod turns off, You need to hold the home button plug in the ipod while still holding it and then a plug into itunes will appear release the button and unplug the ipod then plug it in and itunes will recoginize it
  9. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yep, the great thing about the ipod touch, its really really really hard (I'd say impossible, but then I've seen many an impossible thing happen) to brick.

Glad you're unstuck!
  10. Mattie81

Mattie81 New Member

I need help as soon as possible. I have an ipod touch. I have had it jailbroken for about a month now. I have always remained on 1.1.1

I did recently install the iblood theme on the ipod and then went back to the default package, after that it seems my ipod wouldn't recognize right. It showed the level bar at the bottom in all orange (itunes) and said it needed a restore. So I hit update and restore.

Now I have no idea which version of itunes I'm using and I'm so confused.

Itunes keeps putting me in a vicious cycle of restoring it and I keep getting errors that it cant restore.

I tried downloading ibrickr but it doesn't do ANYTHING. It just says wait while we connect to device or something and no options ever appear in the ibrickr window...

So now I do think my ipod is officially a brick unless anyone has a brilliamt idea :[

Ii'm on Win XP

Please help I want my ipod back to it's glory