"Bricked" ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MynameIsIpod, Aug 5, 2010.

1. MynameIsIpod

MynameIsIpod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i took my ipod touch on a visit to new jersey and had it in my bag for maybe 3-5 hours???? it was working fine. i hadnt been planning on charging it down there because there is no computer i have in new jersey but i got a xbox down there. when i tried to charge it on the xbox it would'nt. it died before i went back home and i put it in my bag again. i did have facewash in my bag that leaked when i got home but the ipod didnt feel wet but just my usb cord did cuz it was at the bottom of the bag. but i tried charhging it and it only charge to where it turned on and then died. i tried another usb cord but that did the same thing. i tried recovery mode and it worked halfway. i got tio the connect to itunes screen but it wont connect to itunes and the battery image shows upon the right hand corner. which i never saw before. it wiont connect to itunes either so i cant restore. it was jail broken on 3.1.2?
    i use it alot so i dont know if the battery is just fried but i dont think so because i can still turn it on if its connected to a computer. i feel it charging to sometimes cuz its hot. i havent had it for a year yet. help sorry for bad grammar i rushed
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try to get it with another computer
    If the battery image is showing on the connect to itunes screen, that means it needs setting up.
    If all fails, DFU
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You may have fried it. Did you put it in rice to dry out the internals? If not, try it for a little while. 1-2 days.
  4. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If you haven't had it for a year yet, I'd get it replaced by apple.
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Restore it, or DFU because if your going to return it you have to anyway.
  6. MynameIsIpod

MynameIsIpod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    also i got a facebook notification whil it was on the connect to itunes screen and when i went to power it off the slider comes up and ill cancel it, then ill see the normal dock at the top saying i have wifi and the battery image but there is a lock in the middle instead of time??