Bricked iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by basilthrucolor, Dec 25, 2009.

1. basilthrucolor

basilthrucolor New Member

Hey all, first off I want to say Merry Christmas, and thank you for reading this post!

My aunt bought my cousin an iPod touch 2g with the 3.1.2 firmware for Christmas and I decided to be nice and jailbreak his phone via blackra1n.

After attempting to jailbreak it the ipod simply will not turn on, so screen activity whatsoever.

When I plug it into my computer itunes locates the ipod and displays the

"itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode" window.

Obviously next step would be to click restore, which I did and in the end I end up with the error (6)

Obviously I searched high and low for a solution trying out DFU mode (which I dont think is possible because the ipod has no screen interaction at all?), restoring with itunes 7.5 (I get error 1), and tried restoring using atleast 4 different computers.

Please help me! I don't wanna be the douche who ruined my little cousins best Christmas present!

Thank you!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Update to the newest itunes.

Or simply run blackra1n again because I am whiling to bet you have a 3rd gen that is tethered.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    DFU is possible, even without a screen. It should work if it is in DFU. Otherwise, update iTunes! 7.5? They are in the nines now! That could very well be your problem!
  4. basilthrucolor

basilthrucolor New Member

that is probably the problem, I tried running blackra1n again and it just says "waiting for device" the whole time, so i'm guessing it cant locate the ipod.

ill keep on trying to work out DFU mode!

I have the latest itunes of course! I just heard 7.5 could restore is so I tried that!

*is there any other way to force DFU mode other the hold home+power & let go of power method?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry for the double post.

i found out the itouch is a 3rd gen and I sort of know the problem.

so I ended up pressing restore after the phone turned off to reboot after I jailbroke it.

which means I would just plug it in to turn it on via blackra1in

but blackra1n isnt detecting my ipod. i tried holding the power button to turn it on and it wont turn on. i also tried booting it into recovery mode and that wouldnt work either.

how do i turn this damn thing on?!
  5. soulhound

soulhound New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try restart pc and lounch itunes maybe your thing that detects ipod touch is somehow off and its turns on only with pc rr and i tunes so u need restart pc and turn on itunes