I think I've finally bricked my 1g iPod Touch (from '07 launch). The problem is that I cannot get it to sync with iTunes, nor can I get it to be recognized in Windows Vista, XP, or Windows 7 Beta, all with fresh installs of iTunes (the latest one). In each case, a pop up comes up and says something like "USB Malfunction" and "Device not Recognized." Under the Device Management Panel, my iPod is assigned the driver "Unknown Device." To my advantage, the iPod still works normally. It doesn't charge when hooked to the computer, but does when hooked to my iHome. It can go into restore mode or DFU mode, but when connected to the computer, it still yields the same result as in the first paragraph. I do have SSH access to the iPod. I don't know why my iPod started acting this way, only that it just started randomly one day after I updated iTunes. My 1st G iPod is jailbroken with QuickPWN and running 2.2.1. As a note, I've had similar problems in the past. Usually, I just put it into DFU Mode and restore it, but that won't work this time. And yes, I know how to properly put it into DFU Mode.