Bricked Ipod Touch Help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PotPotStir, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PotPotStir

PotPotStir New Member

Problem: Ipod turns on showing the Apple logo then after about a minute the screen shows a black screen for a split second then the Apple logo re-appears this time with a horizontal multi-colored line above the logo
    and the loading circle on the Apple logo showing that its loading. but after about 30 seconds of loading the Ipod freezes for about 5 mins after which it flashes a white screen then repeats the process.

The Ipod was a 2G MC model with iOS 4.0 that was jailbroken using JailBreakMe.
    The Cydia applications i had installed were.

A falling Sand Game
    Gameboy emulator
    SBsettings(the latest one)
    some Itunes apps

I was trying to remove the jailbreak so i went into the settings and clicked on
    the reset all settings or restore Ipod thing waited the 10mins or so and found that it was bricked.

Ive tried hooking it up to multiple PC's and doing the Home+Power button resets, it will not connect to anything.It will no go into the "connect to Itunes" logo screen.

I need advice as to what i should do.Any software that works on a PC that i may not know about. I've tried using software such as BlackRa1n and IphoneBrowser in hopes of getting some-sort of response from the Ipod Touch but to no avail.PLEASE respond with any suggestions .
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Not. Bricked. Bootloop.

Restore using itunes. Period.

How does restore mode not work? Its a failsafe. Hold home and sleep until it shows the logo then hold home and let go of sleep.
  3. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    You should learn what the term "Bricked" means. Just do as what iBricked said. And when you hit reset all settings it's going to do that.It's not like it's restoring like you would on your computer.
  4. PotPotStir

PotPotStir New Member

thanks for the response.
    i wouldnt know how to take it out of a bootloop as the ipod will not enter DFU or connect to a pc it just loads up the Apple logo freezes and repeats
    Home+Sleep isnt working because as ive said it will only cycle through the same process over and over.

any suggestions as to how i can break the bootloop?
  5. Picu97

Picu97 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    How to enter DFU mode (thanks ModMyI!!):

1. Turn the iPhone ON
    2. CONNECT it to the dock
    3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode
    4. HOLD the Power/Sleep-Wake button AND the Home button for 10 seconds
    5. RELEASE only the Power/Sleep-Wake button and continue to hold the Home button
    6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode (in Windows a bubble pops up saying it recognized new hardware "DFU Mode" or something to that effect)

The last step may take SOME TIME, like, say, even 60 seconds or so. The screen should be OFF (black), if you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo, START OVER. It may take a few tries to do the steps just right, just reboot (hold both Power/Sleep-Wake AND Home until the Apple logo appears and the phone turns back on) then try again.

Another Way is to hear to the sound of the hardware Disconnect and Reconnect. When you hold power and home to reset, once you hear the USB disconnect sound leave the power button but keep holding the home until you hear another USB plugin sound. This is the easiest way to know that your phone is in DFU mode.
  6. PotPotStir

PotPotStir New Member

Thanks Picu97 for some reason i tried this before but it did not work(guess i did some thing wrong)