Bricked Ipod Touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dancemasterc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dancemasterc

dancemasterc New Member

Cannot reboot semi-tethered Redsn0w, It won't enter the white screen.
    Ok I was out today at breakfast, started playing a game, and then when I tried to exit it, it took like a minute and went to the springboard where two icons were like glowing in the middle and all the others were dim. it was itunes and something else if that matters.

Anyways, it would not respond so I decided to turn it off (Which worked fine) and take it home and reboot it when I got home. Well I get home and try to use the Cyw00d which I used to jailbreak it to reboot it. It didnt work. I've tried 1clickboot and all other things.

My Ipod will show up as not recognized on windows vista and it will enter DFU mode, but as soon as I upload the patch and it tells you to disconnect and reconnect, the white screen never appears on my itouch. Also Itunes will not pop up with any warnings like it did the other times I've rebooted it.

Jailbroken Ipod touch 2g semi tethered
    16 gig etc.

Touchpwn fails
    Cyw00d wont work
    1clickboot doesn't work either

What could this be?

Windows does not recognize it when I plug it in, the little box pops up
    When I enter DFU mode I hear the dun-dun sounds on my computer as I do it so I know it is trying
    I try to upload patch and the box appears for like 2-3 secs
    I disconnect wait, then reconnect (No white screen appears)

What is going on?

Anyone had this problem? It's jailbroken so I cant send it to apple.

Please nobody say throw it away or smash it because this is really upsetting

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  3. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If your iPod can get into DFU mode iTunes should be able to see it. Open iTunes, then put it in DFU mode, then restore to the custom firmware.
  4. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

It's not bricked. If you can't search then leave. Now.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Stop helping him.
    It's his fault if he doesn't search, when there are tons of topics here already about his same problem.

And learn what bricked means.
  6. ILIVEINSANJOSE

ILIVEINSANJOSE New Member

First you have to expand the bootloader process to the double three way strap dongle, then inject the basband! you should be doneee
  7. dancemasterc

dancemasterc New Member

Hey, I didn't say it was bricked, mitchell209. ILIVEINSANJOSE, I dont know what that is. Make It sn0w, why do you have to be rude?

And I found this site 30 minutes ago looking for a solution, I don't know what to do but you guys don't have to be rude over the computer.
    You could be nice and not add on to me being upset over a $200+ apple product that if it gets messed up while jailbroken they will not fix it and you have to buy a new one.
  8. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    READ STICKIES IDIOT

btw your awnser is here CLICK
  9. zeipodtouchguru

zeipodtouchguru New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you didnt say it was bricked, why is the title: Brick iPod Touch 2G
  10. dancemasterc

dancemasterc New Member

yeah hipy, I've been searching, how am I an idiot? I'm not a forum nerd. Anyways I've found no topics relevant because the solution always is enter DFU mode and restore in itunes - and all the responses are "TY it worked!!! I luv u!11!!1111" no that doesn't work for me and I'm getting nothing but rude people in this thread and I don't understand why.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    because I posted the same thread and nobody cared to view it, zeipodtouchguru. I guess it is the same here because now that I said bricked I get views in this thread but nobody is helpful. I know it isnt bricked but nobody is seeming to care to try and help me without calling me a retard/idiot or something on any website I try to find help on.