Bricked iPod Touch 2G...i think???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cman1552, Apr 10, 2009.

1. cman1552

cman1552 New Member

ok i jailbroke my ipod touch with cyw00d and then installed the jailbroken firmware it created and i went to untether it using greengr4ss and about half way through my bdev write...... commands in the command prompt my screen went blank and it crashed. Now idk what is wrong with it. When i try to turn it on nuthing happens and when i plug it in windows says that the usb device could not be recongnized and itunes doesnt pop up??? can anyone help me out here please. and i need to k if apple can detect that ive jailbroke it cause im really thinkin about sending it to them to get it out of whatever jam it is in? anyone got any ideas any at all. Im trying right now to let it die and go from there but it takes FOREVER for them to die when idleing? btw does anyone k how long it takes one to die just at an idle? Any idea would be helpful!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you tried DFU mode?
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Whoa. There's a good possibility that it might actually be bricked. It shut off during a bdev? Like blackbelt said, try DFU.
  4. cman1552

cman1552 New Member

Thats what i am thinking 2

Please Register or Log in to view images

and yes it did i was typing in the last bdev and it just went black :'( thats what i had it in was DFU and it wont go into DFU for me...i have tried literally 100 times...hold both for 10 sec then home for 15 and nothing just the same " USB device not recognized" so idk if i turn it in to apple that they might void my warranty or even worse.
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If it shut off during bdev you might actually have a legit bricked ipod. DFU work yet?
  6. cman1552

cman1552 New Member

no but i read somewhere but i forget where that just let it die and then try? u think thats worth a shot or just finish it off for good?
  7. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It might be?
  8. cman1552

cman1552 New Member

What do u think apple will do when they see it....i told them that i updated the firmware and turned it off and it never would come back on lol...can they detect that it has been jailbroken?
  9. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Probably not if its not even turning on. Messing with the bdev is a big thing.
  10. cman1552

cman1552 New Member

what is the bdev...could u explain it to me? is it like the boot partition on a comp or what?