Bricked iPhone 3G--Best Android Smartphone usable with AT&T iPhone Sim Card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnnyGlock, Mar 19, 2010.

1. JohnnyGlock

JohnnyGlock New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Due to a weird unexplainable jailbreaking/unlocking mishap, somehow something on my iPhone 3G got corrupted. Not sure if it's the baseband firmware due to Fuzzyband (downgrade from 05.12.01 to 04.26.08) or if it's the Bootrom or the NOR or NAND or whatever.

Now, it is essentially bricked. I cannot restore to pwned firmware, and I cannot restore to stock Apple firmware (I've tried with 3.0.1, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3, on Windows Vista, Windows 7 64-bit, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, using both iTunes 8.2 and iTunes 9.0.3).

I've tried redsn0w 0.9.4 (as well as 0.9.3, and 0.8), tried iReb 3.1.2, Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3, as well as custom firmwares made with PwnageTool.

Over the last few days, I have done nothing but restore my iPhone, and each time, iTunes' logs tell me "device returned AMR error 6." This always happens during the "operation 25" or "modifying persistent boot-flags" stage. So the restore fails each time, and the iPhone goes immediately back into DFU mode. If I run redsn0w, everything goes fine but then the phone doesn't reboot, it again goes immediately back into DFU mode.

Question 1: Can someone please tell me how to get this thing back on?

If I can save this iPhone that would be the optimal solution, but as you can see from the above I've just about tried everything. Which leads me to,

Question2: Can you recommend any smartphones running Android that I would be able to use under my current AT&T iPhone 3G plan?

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions. Thanks You.
  2. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you tired DFU?, and check with f0rcast about your BB, what happened before you restored it? and if you have the 5.08 bootloader try a 3.1.3 restore in DFU
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Make sure its DFU not recovery, DFU doesnt have a screen, as im told you can never really "brick" and idevice, short of throwing it at a wall, but DFU should do the trick
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Dfu is at a hardware level so it's impossible for it not to work short of throwing it against a wall. as said above me.
  4. JohnnyGlock

JohnnyGlock New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks guys for your replies, but of course I've tried DFU. Like it says in the first post, the phone goes immediately BACK into DFU mode after each restore fail and after every RedSn0w attempt.

And I have tried throwing it against the wall. Haha.
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When you put it in DFU does it show the connect to itunes screen or the screen is completely black?
  6. JohnnyGlock

JohnnyGlock New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The screen is completely black as it should be. Connect to iTunes would be Recovery mode. Like I said, I'm SURE it was put into DFU mode.