Breakthrough #1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crizh4x, Jan 22, 2009.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This may be insignificant to a lot of people, I just want you to know how significant it is. I have a post in the Application Ideas section about an app called "The Missing Link". This app would be extremely difficult without little breakthroughs that make things that are not supposed to happen - happen.

Here is a screenshot of my breakthrough:

Please Register or Log in to view images

parsing a plist file would take minutes to code on a Mac, or on an iPhone, as it is their native storage file format if you choose to think of it that way. Forcing Windows to do it is something else as it doesn't follow a "typical" XML scheme, therefore I can't just simply read the thing.

This is kinda slow, if you have several gigs of songs, you may have to leave it overnight to assemble this database, but the database can be dumped to a "standard" XML file and can then be accessed very quickly and efficiently.

This was about 400 lines of code, hopefully we can speed it up a tad.

Thanks for reading, I will be posting several other "mini breakthroughs" as I come to them.

Attached Files:

2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So your 'Missing Link' is coming to life? :O
  3. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Great progress there chris. Its looking really good. Can't wait for a nice release.
  4. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    um, hey chris, can you pm me that beta? or pm me and tell me when to get on aim, it will be some time manana!
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This thing isn't anywhere near ready for testers. I gave it to one guy just to see if it would read his library... Vista doesn't like me, I think it has a vendetta or something. I'll be working on a small fix for that.

Otherwise, give this app a few days/weeks to mature. This is priority 2, iPhone Utilities is first. You testers know how good it is too

And yes, this IS The Missing Link and yes, it lives

6. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    indeed, i do know HOW good iphone utils is, it's awesome.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, well, there seems to be one major issue on the iPhod side that is preventing release of a public beta. Bummer. we'll get it though.