Breaking News

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dillon2011, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dillon2011

dillon2011 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    just took delivery of a new iPod touch. Without hesitation, the first thing we tried to do (after oohing and aahing a bit at the WiFi iTunes Store) was hack the device to put third-party applications on it in the same manner as the iPhone. Unfortunately, the current iPhone methodology doesn’t work for the iPod touch, and here’s why:

The super-simple AppTapp method, which allows you to simply run one application from your desktop computer that jailbreaks the iPhone and puts Installer.app on the device through which other applications can be installed directly doesn’t work because it hasn’t yet been updated to use the iPod touch’s firmware/software revision, which is labeled 1.1.

After doing a restore on the device through iTunes under Mac OS X, the new firmware file is downloaded to ~/iTunes/iPod Software updates and labeled iPod1,1_1.1_3A101a_Restore.ipsw. However, there’s no way to select an individual firmware file from disk with AppTapp.

Even if there were, there’s another problem that obviates use of our manual 5-step hacking method (created just before AppTapp was released): it looks like Apple has changed the encryption scheme for the iPod touch firmware file, meaning that a new method will need to be discovered for cracking this file, getting the appropriate software out and jailbreaking the iPod touch. We’ll hold our breath, however, as such a method should sprout shortly from the ingenious iPhone hacking community.

Feedback? info@iphoneatlas.com.

[ Digg this | Bookmark on del.icio.us ]
    Print This Post Print This Post
    1 Comment

Posted by tsfreedman
    15 September 2007 @ 5am

Hopefully, they’ll also address the apparent problem with the iPhone’s inability to consistently remember where you left off listening to audiobooks, even when the “remember playback position” option is checked for the audiobook’s iTunes file. I have this problem with my iPhone and it has been reported by several others on Apple’s forum site.
    If not, maybe iPhone Atlas can bring this to Apple’s attention, since the forum posts will not have been successful in geting a fix.

This is not mine
  2. `flo15

`flo15 New Member

Not good, i'll give em time till the 25th ill get my ipod touch on the 24th in germany from the us so..
  3. poop-is-brown

poop-is-brown New Member

Yeah, i agree with flo, if you give them a few weeks it'll get hacked. just like everything else.
  4. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

yeah, the hacking community will surely find a way!!!
  5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I believe in the hacking community!! We will have an unlocked iPod Touch very soon!!
  6. Aciidc0der

power to the hackers!!!
  7. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yah Man The Hackers Are The Best (Me Included [lol])

Cheers,
    Ben.
  8. Aciidc0der

the 28th will come soon...
  9. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes it will, and it will be a great day for all of us.
  10. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that is so right, yah to us all (lol),

Cheers,
    Ben.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.