Breaking News: PSX Emulator now at 0.2.0!!!

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Sarge, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Sarge

Sarge New Member

http://www.zodttd.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bb30532376e76501cd0b0706f78f905f&action=blog;sa=view_post;id=1642;blog_name=the-zodblog

From Zodttd:

In part with updating my older projects with the newer firmwares for iPhone/iPod Touch such as 1.1.3 and higher, I have released psx4iphone v0.2.0 publicly.
    psx4iphone is a Sony Playstation 1 emulator for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch. It's a large work in progress type project. It is based on the psx4all project.
    You can grab this release from the ZodTTD.com Public Installer.app repo source.

ZodTTD.com on Installer.app download instructions: http://www.zodttd.com/forum/index.php/topic,574.0.html

What's new in v0.2.0:

- Added support to firmwares such as 1.1.3 and 1.1.4.
    - Compiled with saurik's new toolchain.
    - Fixed the detection of whether frameskipping can be used during certain frames within a game.
    - Improved the dynamic recompiler code.
    - Moved the BIOS location to /var/(mobile or root depending on firmware)/Media/ROMs/PSX/

This release brings up to 50% more performance than previous releases. Though going from 25 FPS to 37 FPS isn't going to cut it, it's still an improvement. Most games are running at about 20-30 FPS it seems. I'm not quite sure why the iPhone is running psx4all slower than most handhelds of equal or lesser raw CPU power. It may be due to the way the iPhone/iPod Touch clears it's instruction cache via sys_invalidate_icache(...) or it could be due to the read speed of the ISO's. Maybe both. Either way more work has to be done to see whats bottlenecking the iPhone and this application.
  2. rocker5

rocker5 New Member

ty so much im about ot try ddr and cb3 and cb ill post about how it goes
  3. nave3d

nave3d New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    not working

just installed this, loaded up my ff7 restore file and....none of the buttons are working.
    i touch everywhere on the screen but nothing happens
  4. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem here... You NEED to use the standart skin for the buttons.I think its skin 0.The other one doesnt work.Landscape works also great.
  5. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

I'm going back to the other version. This one has too many problems
  6. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    great.. After updating it says bios not found.. There goes all fifteen roms I downloaded.. Could someone please upload the older version into installer?!
  7. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Easy fix: using ssh, put the bios into the PSX rom folder. Then move the whole folder with all psx roms to mobile/media/Roms.

In other words put bios file and rom files in /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/PSX
  8. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

Hey are u gettin words on the top of your screen for ur updated psx4all? And is ur bios file a shown as game on the main menu?
  9. Sarge

Sarge New Member

Yes. The Stuff on top can be turned off. During a game press L2 + R2, go to the graphics setting, and turn off 'show fps'.
    The bios does show as a game. This will be fixed in a later update.
  10. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

Thanks. One more question. Is it true u can only use controller 0 to play now. Cause i really love controller 1. But the buttons doesn't work!