Brazil: The forgotten country

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by rafabgood, Dec 12, 2007.

1. rafabgood

rafabgood New Member

Hi there,
    Brazil is not a damn jungle as many of you think. It’s the biggest economy in Latin America, head of green economy development (biodiesel, ethanol, etc…) and next permanent member of UN’s Security Council in the next membership reform (along with Germany, India and Japan). We are the 9th biggest economy in the world and still growing. Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Curitiba are goo d examples of well developed cities with a lot of money pumping the economy (this four are responsible for more than 60% of GDP).

Also, technology is not a problem here: cell phone networks are well spread, It’s kinda easy to find a wifi hotspot, DTV, G3, ADSL everywhere…

But… Apple gives a sh*t to us! It’s very hard to find products here (my Touch came from NY a month ago), and when you find, prices are ridiculous! Just an example: a 16 Gb Touch costs a whooping US$972. A macBook Pro, goes way beyond US$4,000. A simple original mouse replacement takes you US$200. Accessories? Ha! None, zero, nada, zip! It’s impossible to find something. Support? Virtual.

Well, I’m over. That was just a way to relieve my frustration with Apple, because yesterday I went to the mall looking for a simple iPod to RCA cable and couldn’t find anywhere.
  2. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

I know how you feel man, I came from México but living in the USA. My friend asked me to get him a iPod classic 80gb since the ones in México were like $350.00 and the 160gb cost like $500.00 dollars. For some reason electronics costs a fortune over there.
  3. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ya im from ireland and i had to get my ipod touch from ny

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. wallstreetcrash

wallstreetcrash New Member

? They don't have normal retail shops like Arogs in Ireland?
  5. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    every thing is good in OZ