Brasso and my iPod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MisuzuKamio, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MisuzuKamio

MisuzuKamio New Member

How well do you think it would work? I don't know if the scratches are deep or not =P

That's what my iPod looks like

I want to use some Brasso (gonna pick it up tomorrow) and I wanted to know how well it would work on these, any example pics of a "before" iPod that got a pretty good "clean off" of the scratches?

Attached Files:

2. dancom96

dancom96 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's hard to see with those pics. Any chance of getting sharper ones?
    Are the scratches seeable without getting at a specific angle with the light?

You could try Brasso, and if it only gets it slightly less noticable, get a full body skin. It is supposed to be for preventing scratches, but it also makes small scratches disappear.
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    brasso will wear off all the text and icons on the ipod. just a word of warning
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Brasso doesn't do what you're hoping. I've tried it on a 1G nano, a 5.5G Video, and a 1G touch (all of which had a back that looked about the same as yours). The scratches weren't removed and there wasn't really any noticeable change.
  5. MisuzuKamio

MisuzuKamio New Member

i don't care about those, i really really want those off anyways, i hate apple, i was just going to pick up some 400 grit when i went to home depot, just incase too... if brasso doesn't work for me
  6. bluepigster

bluepigster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My suggestion would be to go get a sponge and scratch the back, like what I did to mine. Amazing results, and if I get a chance I'll show you my pic. You can find a tutorial at the ilounge forums.
  7. .Pandora.

.Pandora. Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thnx, I will try that, and post my results, I hope that works pretty good, and get's all the grime off that thing

Please Register or Log in to view images