brand new ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by woko0291, Jun 4, 2008.

1. woko0291

woko0291 New Member

okai so 2 weeks ago i fried my ipod(during th pwning process i unknowingly pt iphone firmware int it) so they sent me a brand new 1 after not being able to come to any conclusions so i have my brand new 1 and when i turn it on it already hass mail stocks maps on it and when i plug it into itunes it says for the firmware: 1.1.4(with software upgrade) just like that what does that mean?? nd is it worth trying to jailbreak my ipod again??
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If it's on 1.1.4 then it's the most recent firmware and it's up to you whether or not to jailbreak. It's pretty simple if you follow a guide.
  3. woko0291

woko0291 New Member

bt im fighting with my self also..i just want sum1 to tell me yes or no..sounds stupid i know but w.e

i think its the 2nd gen ipodtouch also..not really sure cz it comes with the wiggle function and my lst ipod when i restored it didnt have that
  4. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

I bought mine a week ago so it has 1.14 firmware, the wiggle function is there don't worry. Everything is there cuz it's 1.14 firmware. We got it free cuz we bought the ipod touch late in teh game.
    I jailbroke mine with ZIPHONE (USE NOTHING ELSE) and it's works sweet, minor problems there and there but nothing life threatening, don't clog it with all sorts of useless/weird/unfamiliar apps. You will be bound to run into ones that don't work well.

SO YES! JAILBREAK THAT MOTHERF**KER
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Ew. Pwn it, iLiberty+, or don't JB.

Yes, it's perfectly safe to JB it. Even if you have to restore, it will always have the Software Upgrade (Due to iTunes backup).
  6. woko0291

woko0291 New Member

thanx guys.

pwning as we speak
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Give iLiberty+ a try instead... trust me, it works SOOO much better..

Plus, if it fried your iPod once, why the F*CK would you use it again??
  8. woko0291

woko0291 New Member

ima use it again because last time i put in the wrng firmware that was the problem and besides evryone says winpwn is amazing and alot better becaue of all the things u can do to it
  9. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude, you cant even do anything special with it at the moment, oh wait my bad, yes you can, change the boot logo, cause thats what is so friggin awesome and amazing about the iPod touch, the boot logo

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. woko0291

woko0291 New Member

well w/e i gt installer open ssh and bsd subsysytem with winpwn i liberty would have done the same thing bt i get boot logos also soo plus plus for winpwn..lol