Brand new iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by geekgrrl, Jul 20, 2009.

1. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I got it on rapid exchange on the Best Buy 2-year warranty. It is pristine. I haven't taken it out of the box. I don't know how long I can hold out.

I thought I would ask for advice, first.

I still have a matte-black rubberized surface plastic 'snap-on' back, I had purchased. It did not go with the exchange.

I don't have the screen protector. It went with the exchange.

I had purchased those because that one already had scratches on the back and one tiny little scratch on the display. And, it is true the screen protector did somewhat obscure that tiny scratch on the display screen.

Is their a metal polish that will protect the back, especially so, if I put the plastic 'snap-on' cover over that?

Is there a screen filmn protector that is 'invisible' on the display, and will it completely cover the little goove that collects little bits from pockets and everything else?

What do you think?

Forget it, let it get like the other one I had?

By the way, Best Buy is now offering a $69.95 breakage warranty: there is little doubt it will cover scratches, but the sales rep said it does cover a broken screen or damage by dropping it. Disclaimer: I do not work for Best Buy.
  2. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Wow, nice. Here is my advice.
    1st of all, buy the Best Buy protection.

2nd, the question about the polish... There kinda is something similar, but it is kinda expensive. Check out this link. The coating they put on it is guaranteed scratch proof, I would look into it more. I can't remember all of its specs.

3rdly, you could go with the Invisible Shield, IDK if you have heard of it or not but here is a link. I would maybe even recommend both, I just hate how the people that put on the protective coating cover the Apple logo and put on their own.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I have been tempted to get mine done, just gonna wait till 3G Touch.

I hope I helped out.
    ----------------------------------------------EDIT------------------------------------------------
    Ooops, sorry. The link to Invisible Shield is for 1st gen, use this one
  3. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    $125 more, and send it away to have the coating applied.

I don't think so.

BTW, neither link works, but zagg InvisiShield had the uTube video convincing me the display was that tough, and so, I purchased the $324 16GB iPod Touch (includes sales tax). Then, it got a tiny scratch off a plastic pocket zipper. Huh?

That video did not show it was about a product, to purchase and apply yourself.

Other videos clearly show it is about their product.

I do not want to reward them with money. I "vote" with my money and I "vote" with my feet. I gave them a polite suggestion to clear up the video, because that video is still around, judging by a "newbie" comment I have seen recently here.

It seems there must be a metal polish just right for the Touch "soft" metal back.

It seems there must be a display screen protector, someone has owned and has experience with, they know applies easily by an unskilled person like myself, does not interfere with the visual quality of the iPod Touch graphic display, and resists all the ordinary problems in use.

I am careful with my stuff, so I don't expect to drop it in the toilet. However the $69.95 new warranty plan would protect my iPod Touch from breaking and dropping it. There was someone in this forum did drop it in the toilet. For that reason, my shirt pocket has a button.
  4. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ...at a store near me.

I got the display cleaner, recommended at the Bridgeport Apple Store.

I think between these three products, including my protective back from Power Support, will do the job.

Unless anyone has another idea, I am going to "un-box" my replacement 16GB Touch 2G.

It is difficult going one day without it!
  6. boxner1

boxner1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. soulstalker

soulstalker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    probaly wrong place for this but since on the subject of screen protectors does anyone know a good cheap anti glare/mirror screen protector brand?
  8. mphantom93

mphantom93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sorry to break it to you, but the Invisible Shield IS a 'normal' person product, its just as hard to apply as any other screen protector. lol, that Ice Cream stuff looks like it would work for any existing scratches to the backing.

Something is wrong with you/your browser because the links work when I click them, IPTF has an outgoing link policy, you have to click on the link in the page that opens up to go to it. lol
  9. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    soft skins like IS are easier because they heal themselves and you put them on wet, so it is very easy to get no bubbles.
  10. amrinder67

amrinder67 New Member