brand new iphone help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pb7280, Feb 20, 2009.

1. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

ya i just got the iphone 3g today, and im having some problems with it.

visual voicemail - when i open the page it is just blank, but i know there are messages in there (left em myself). however when i hold down 1 it goes to my voicemail oldskool style, and it works listening to the messages and stuff. I cant change my password or my greeting form my iphone, get an error saying unavailible please try again laster. So far i thought that it was because its brand new and not in the system yet, ill give it another 24 hours

caller id - i got the cheapest package i could get (my5, im with rogers), and my5 offers unlimited local calling and texting to those five people. but i just want to drop the my5 (wont ever go over 250), and add the value pack. is this possible?

thanks in advance for ur answers
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh come on really
  2. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Visual Voicemail won't work until you set up a voice mail account. Go to the "old school" one and follow all the steps, then it should work. If it doesn't, call AT&T because they sometimes forget to activate it.
  3. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Clusterfunk is right. You must set up your voicemail first before Visual Voicemail will work. This same thing applies when one restores the iPhone.
    Cheers
  4. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I just clicked the voicemail tab and it said "set up voicemail now" so I did it and worked flawlessly
    so thats weird
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Is there a way to set up the Visual Voicemail for T-Mobile? I'm not quite sure if T-Mobile has it, so if they do, how do I set it up?

Thanks

P.S. I own a 16GB iPhone 3G that's jailbroken and unlocked using yellowsn0w, so I have a T-mobile sim in it.
  6. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Honestly I am not sure if it works on T-Mobile
  7. forfun

forfun New Member

yes me too i also clicked the voicemail tab and then it workde well

Please Register or Log in to view images