Bought my Ipot in walmart

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dahitman, Mar 6, 2008.

1. dahitman

dahitman New Member

Yes IK it was a stupid move but...
    do u think I could go to an apple store and replace it or if something would happen to it??
  2. TakeAimAtSin

TakeAimAtSin Member

no you cant, the Apple Store will type up the serial number and they will see that you didn't but it there.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Incorrect. They can't tell where you bought it without looking at your receipt, and they don't give a damn where you bought it anyway. If your serial number (which contains the date code) puts it within warranty range, and the failure is not wear/damage and is not your fault, then they will replace it. Just make an appointment with a Mac Genius before you bring it into the Apple Store. If there's no Apple Store near you, then call Apple Care and get it RMAed.
  4. dahitman

dahitman New Member

im lucky cuz they just opened an apple store wich was really surprising cuz madison wisconsin is the most boring place in the U.S.
    and whats a good excuse to tell them to replace it??
  5. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

why do you want to replace your existing one? If anything, it would be easier to replace it at walmart than apple. They wouldn't have the training as the apple guys.
  6. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The Apple store doesn't care, as long as it is in warranty. I'm in the UK and bought my 16GB from Ebay. I had a problem with it, so I made an appointment and took it to my local store. The guy I was dealing with entered the serial number, and then said "So you bought it in America?". "Nope, I got it off Ebay", I replied. "No problem", he said and they just replaced it.
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it seems like you want to have one that was bought at Apple, so...

What you do is you take it to Apple, and return it, say it doen't sync with your computer or something, or you can just fry the inside using a home made charger.. But that's last resort.

Then there you go get a new one from the Apple store, and for your Warranty to last longer, just don't register it, when it breaks or you want to replace it, register it, then wait about 1 week, and they will see it is still in warranty.

They will fix it for you.
  8. dahitman

dahitman New Member

thanx guys.
    i got one more question, since i have an 8gb ipot do u think i can pay the rest of the money (which is like $100) and replace it for a 16 gb ipot?
  9. Firespray

Firespray Banned

It's possible, if they let you, just return it in the store and get your $300 refunded then just turn around and go buy a 16gb along with your extra $100 and you should be good.
  10. dahitman

dahitman New Member

yea but the thing is i didnt buy it at apple
    but i could probably do that at walmart too