Bought ipod touch 2g on saturday having problems help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sammy657, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

Hi there guys first post so bare with me. Bought a new ipod touch 2g on saturday evening in hmv (live in london uk so hope its ok to post here as i need people opinions)

Anyways been having problems. Today the device froze 3 times. Im quite worried about this. Its fully up to date and i really takecare of my stuff so i know i havnt messed about with it. Can someone tell me if this is normal? If not im going to take it back first thing as its £165 quid and is quite alot of money for it to go wrong. So yeah can anyone help me. Also is anyone from the uk here who can help me either as ive never taken back an ipod to hmv or anything really. Thanks guys
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

JK... lol

Device Freezing? It's probably just low on memory, get Memory Free from the App Store.
  3. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

Thing is today was the first day ive properly used the thing. I downloaded 3 or 4 apps and used it for the whole of 1 hour and it happened. Now im even scared to touch the thing. Also forgot to mention the accelrometer is giving me problems. When i tilt it it works but when i tilt it back to the normal stand up view it dont budge so i have to look at the screen sidewards unless i repeat this method 2 or 3 times which i find annoying. Any ideas?
  4. ihacktouchz

ihacktouchz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    all accelrometers are like that. it may take a few tryes for it to register that your even moving it. and your crashing problem could be a factory defect so if it isnt jailbroken you might want to contact apple support on the website
  5. arpandholi

arpandholi Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the freezing thing: i dont know what to do bout that
    BUT the tilt problem happens to me to so i dont think its a big problem.
  6. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

Just took a video on my phone to prove to them the problems im having. Like when i scroll thru my playlists it scrolls like i have it sidewards when i dont and its really annoying as i have it bolt upright in my hand even have a video to prove it tomorrow when i take it back. Even when i lay it down flat on a surface its like its been tilted on its side and its on a flat surface. Really annoyed in a way as its a great piece of kit all i want is one that works properly how they are supposed to and ill be happy out
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)