Bought an ipod on ebay, would apple supply a new one if something happend to it???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crystalnightmares, Jan 14, 2008.

1. crystalnightmares

crystalnightmares New Member

14. My iPod is showing a blank white screen and won't respond to any of these steps!

That, my friend, is a brick. But it's a hardware related one, and related to the dock connector. Get your iPod replaced and get your dock replaced too. Apple will be happy to do it.

Surely if you returned it to apple they wont supply a new one for free if you've jailbroken it? I've read you can restore your ipod but if its bricked/or the worst happens, can you still restore it so its back to its original state? I bought mine on ebay...would they still do it?
  2. linds

linds New Member

you can still restore it using itunes if needed
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea, did you try restoring?
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

They will do it if you bought it off eBay. (I bought mine there)

They will not do it if it is jailbroken and they can see it. If they can't see it then they won't really have any choice -- but you'd better make absolutely sure you've exhausted absolutely every method to try and recover it before you do, because if you miss one that the Mac Genius doesn't, kiss your warranty goodbye.
  5. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

theres a page on apple.com that lets you scheck te warrenty
  6. JYogi

JYogi New Member

Surely there has to be some way to just fry the thing completely??
  7. crystalnightmares

crystalnightmares New Member

warranty

1) so when i get my ipod, i can jailbreak it, with only the risk of bricking my phone at the worst? which i can reset it then if it is and start again like it is a brand new ipod?

2) is the warranty if the ipod itself is faulty rather than if its something "we've" messed around with? wat culd be an example of sumthing ud want the warranty for?

£) How many methods ARE there to make sure it looks like you havnt jailbroken it lol :|? atm all these things like resetting and stuff dont mean much since i dont know where half the buttons are.....but does anyone know of/tried ways to restart/recover fully so it cant be seen?

4) If i handed it in to apple and they found signs of using a jailbreaker wuld they still return it to me? Or maybe i wont need to hand it to them in the first place....sorry ive confused myself there lol...
  8. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

There really isnt a way to brick it unless you F around with the files using unix commands which I don think you did. You would have had to connect to it, and delete files by connecting to it via your pc...and even then, you can restore.

Hold the HOME button and top Hold button for over 20 seconds while its plugged in. Itunes will then say it found an ipod in restore mode and you must restore. Trust me, i thought i bricked my touch 100 times, and i once had to hold those 2 buttons while plugged into the pc up to 1 minute, but eventually...it goes into restore mode.