bottom row on keyboard is dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kentaur, Aug 2, 2008.

1. kentaur

kentaur New Member

the bottom row on the keyboard (123, space, return buttons) suddenly stopped working. I do have JB 1.1.4 ipod touch, so far worked just perfect. What I remember I have installed some local language patch ... dunno if it might cause this. The icons, sliders ... everything works fine,only when I switch to the keyboard to write something ... the bottom icons are "dead". I think it has to be some SW problem ... I did the reset, had reinstalled the firmware, downgrade ... nothing helped. I would be greatful for any advice how to solved this and get it working again. thanks.
  2. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    open itunes
    click ipod
    click restore
    sorted

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kentaur

kentaur New Member

restoring doesnt help ... nothing has changed, still not working
  4. kentaur

kentaur New Member

any advice how to solve this awkward problem and get the keyboard working again??? plz ... help me
  5. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    This sort of happened to me, but I didn't jailbreak my iPod Touch which is firmware 2.0. Some keys don't seem to work unless I restart my iPod Touch and tilt it on the side to type.
  6. kentaur

kentaur New Member

I have had it jailbroken just on 1.0.3, everything worked fine and smooth but suddenly this happend. Tiltilng the screen doesnt help ... the keyboard doesnt rotate. And important keys - shift,space and enter simply dont react ... I´m desparate, because my iTouch become useless now