Both me and my brother are getting SO many crashes - Spirit JB on day one the reason?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by felixen, Aug 3, 2010.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,

my and my brother bought the ipad 32gb 3g around three weeks ago. We both jailbroke it right away using the spirit JB. After having it for a week we both started experiencing crashes way too often. It can be in the middle of watching a movie, playing a game or anything else. The screen will freeze for a minute maybe, and then goes black for a while. Then we get the apple logo, goes black again, apple logo again (sometimes we only get the apple logo once) and THEN it turns back on.

We both tried searching online but it's hard to google ipad crashes, cause there are so many different kinds and reasons to people's crashes. We both suspect our crashes is due to the jailbreak but we are not sure. Hence why I am writing this. Are there anyone here who can help? Thanks so much
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It just happened again. I wrote my first post 13
    minutes ago and that was 2 minutes after a crash. This is ridiculously annoying. It takes forever for the damn thing to turn on again. I was just browsing. Now I have a black screen as if it is turned off, but I have it hooked up to my computer and iTunes recognizes the ipad..
  2. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    restore...
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yes restore.
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But should I use the Spirit jailbreak again? I mean this is the same problem happening on two ipad's (we're both on 3.2 btw)
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The crashing probably has something to do with an incompatibility with something you downloaded.

Restoring will fix the problem, anyways.
    Just make sure whatever you download is supported by your OS version.
  6. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so its something I downloaded in Cydia? Only thing I can think of was Kirikae which made the iphone go into safe mode, and then I deleted it. We both tried this. Could that be it? Also, how do you make sure in the future that these things work on iPad - do you have to google each and every thing before downloading them?
  7. Andymans

Andymans New Member

What about apps you have downloaded. Do you just download iPad specific apps or apps that are meant for iPhone and iPod touch. I had problems with iPod touch apps so now I only use apps that are for the iPad.
  8. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Klick me! Look here for compatibility

Please Register or Log in to view images

[EDIT]

You could also update to 3.2.1 and jailbreak with Jailbreakme.com , its up to you! I heared 3.2.1 runs a lot smoother.
  9. badboy.mjk

badboy.mjk New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ^ it's spelt Click ! not Klick just so you know.
    @OP go to 3.2.1 as apple has fixed most of the bugs adn I don't think kirakae is compatible with iPad.
  10. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I'll restore just in case Ive messed anything up with my cydia downloads and then update and JB again. I also noticed yesterday that it had some extreme problems charging. Never had any problems with that until yesterday, but it took many many hours to charger (tried both from the computer and from the wall) and I even noticed that I was losing battery which using it even though it was charging at the same time