BossTools?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by stevestock, May 27, 2008.

1. stevestock

stevestock New Member

Im going to jailbreak later today, but before I do, the only thing I still dont completely understand is BossTools. I understand that BossTools moves applications from the 300mb partition of the iTouch to the (for me) 32gig partition. However, why is this necessary. Do apps such as games have to be installed on the 300mb partition (and this is why shortcuts are made on them)? Does this mean every time I install a new application from installer.app, I have to use BossTools to move it? And why do tutorials say to move fonts & stuff as well. I cant imagine that application shortcuts take up that much space. Could someone give me an explanation. If there is a clear tutorial or explanation of this somewhere, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advanced!
  2. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay when you install boss tools, all you do is inable you to install the apps to your 32 gig drive. This is to prevent you from overloading the smaller 300 drive with apps. When that drive is full, bad things happen to your iPod and you have to restore it.

When you move fonts and such, all your doing is giving your freeing up your 300 mb drive.

Its not bad, it just gives you more space. I suggest you install boss tools. Do the things it tells you and just leave it. I haven't used BT since the first time I jailbroke it, which was like 3 weeks ago.
  3. mac-mini

mac-mini New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it will move the apps to the larger partiion so you have more space to install apps.

if you fill the 300mb up you will get a SWOD. (i think)
  4. stevestock

stevestock New Member

Thanks for the speedy responses guys.....I guess I'm off to restoring, then Jailbreaking
  5. musikreck

musikreck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just move it so that you can get more apps, fixes, etc.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You only need to use BossTool once.