BossTool iPod Wiper Major F&%# Up

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by x6blues, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Has BossTool Ever Fuked Up Ur Touch To The Point of Restore

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

i used the bosstool ipod wiper because of my artwork, unimportant. now when i try to sync with itunes it says i need to restore. when looking this up, i found out that this deletes this location:
    /var/tools/Media/iTunes_Control/
    if i go into cuteftp, can i recreate these files??? god! plz say yes. i finally got my touch the way i wanted it, so much time and effort, *&^* *&^* *&^&* BOB SAGET. plz say i dont need to restore. srry 4 the stupidity/dumbass/"specialness". any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that's weird I deleted my itunes_control folder (long story) and when I synced it remade all the files for me. Maybe if you just make a folder called itunes_control and sync with iTunes?

Also was the reason u used iPod wiper because the iPod doesn't display certain artwork in coverflow and other modes but when u play the song the artwork shows up? Because that is what is happening to me.

Edit: do u have tourettes? (if u know what I'm talking about)
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

no i have polite tourettes.......nice smile, pretty jjjjjacket, sevens are funnn, ur kittens are ggggggggreat.
    yea...................................i shouldnt display my own mental illnesses, its gonna take me another month of therapy..dam it
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

well, that didnt work so im still able to ssh into my touch so im just making a backup on my desktop then im going to import it back after the restore. if i put bosstool back do i need to delete the itunes control folder, im still able to access it. if i dont will it still screw with my ipod, god im doing so well with censoring myself.

Any other ideas. i messaged some other people, one suggested making the backup, another suggested that if someonne could send me the file it would alleviate all of my sh*t Any help??

Now it says it cant fukin restore. unkown error occurred (-18)
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well its restored so now i have to go back and get my apps back.....aint it a b*tch. all from memory...yea.
    if i were u i wouldnt use the boss tool ipod wiper cause it really screwed me over but im still gonna use the app relocation thing, irony, but overcoming my own stupidity is another b*tch.....................yea
  6. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dang, to bad it didn't work and u had to restore. I wouldnt delete the iTunes_control folder, it shouldn't mess it up again since u restored.

Btw I asked if u had tourettes cause theres a website called tourettesguy.com (I think) and this guy has tourettes and he's always shouting BOB SAGET!
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

dude thats where i got it from. and daniel tosh. if any1 reads this watch unforgivable #4 on utube and my new haircut soooooooooooooo funny