BossPrefs toggle for AirSharing?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Drt1s, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Drt1s

Drt1s New Member

I use Airsharing to easily move files I've acquired with the Safari Download utility off of my ipod. The issue with AirSharing is that to mount the WebDav server the program needs to be open, so if you go back to the springboard the mounted drive hangs and you can't do anything until the program is open again.

I'm curious if anyone knew if it'd be possible to make a BossPrefs toggle to launch the server and then turn it off when done. Thanks
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Not going to happen. The reason is that the program is designed to not run in the background... which means there's no background service for BossPrefs to toggle on or off. Plus the code is closed-source and the function self-contained in AirSharing, so I doubt there IS a way to run the server outside the program while not opening AirSharing. You might as well run an FTP server instead or use SSH... both of which have/had toggles.
  3. mattshermanrules

mattshermanrules New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    if you have bossprefs you are clearly running on a jailbroken device.. while it does not solve having to open airsharing every time you wish to use the app, downloading a package called "Backgrounder" will allow airsharing to run in the background.