Boss tools didnt work

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by drewer, Dec 23, 2007.

1. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey i used boss tools to move my applications folder to the media partition, and it did, but it left the old applications folder in the system partition there still. also when i download new aplications via installer it goes into the system partition and takes up more room.

is there something i shud do? like delete the applications directoryin system partition or something?
  2. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

i have the same problem
  3. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Search search search

Betcha you could find an anwser using google or the "Oh-so-unknown-search-button"
    I think you need some application to fully get it working...
    Other is just to redo the process every time you install an app
  4. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

thats not helpfull
    what app to get it fully working
    do it everytime o boy how easy
  5. sangesf

sangesf New Member

I had a guide that moved Fonts as well as Applications, but it wasn't appreciated, I just got flack from it, so I deleted it.

It would have helped alot of people, but I'm not a MOD's friend, so they wouldn't sticky it, so I removed it myself.
  6. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dude, do it only when your running out of memory. Don't whine, respect others... it was helpful, you just ain't grown up enough to see some trouble for pleasure...
    U probably don't masturbate because you get tired of it
  7. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    HOW-TO: Get around the application space limit your Touch:

NOTE: This guide assumes you have jailbreaked your iPod touch and installed the necessary Unix binaries, either manually or by using some sort of semi-automated/automated jailbreak method.

WARNING: Although this seems to work just as intended, it's not been tested for more than a number of hours, meaning that it's entirely possible it could somehow break in the future. Therefore, only do this at your own risk! (Although the risk of it bricking your iPod touch is VERY low, since you'll most likely keep SSH access even if screwing up)

SSH into your iPod touch using the SSH client of your choice, if you are using Mac just open the built in Terminal (~/Utilities/Terminal.app) and type SSH@iPod.local. or the IP address of your iPod

Move your applications folder to the /private/var folder by typing the following:

mv /Applications /private/var/Applications

Change directory to / by typing

cd /

Create a symbolic link to the Applications folders new location:

ln -s /private/var/Applications Applications

Type the following to get a directory list of /, so we can make sure the symbolic link was created correctly:

ls -la

In the list that comes up, you should have an entry similar to this one:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 25 Oct 12 22:31 Applications -> /private/var/Applications

6. Alright, seems like it worked.. Now all you have to do is reboot your iPod touch! Do that now.

7. Done! Install away!
  8. nbx909

nbx909 New Member

I used the above method, and it works.
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

first off i used to have 80 apps and am trying to add them all in, so i'm not going to do it 10times or more

Please Register or Log in to view images

as for your personal attack on me, you just joined last month and i have way more posts then you

your the child who resorts to name calling and making up something you think would be funny about my sexuality

10. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude it did work it just looks like i didnt because in mobilefinder it doesnt render a link as a link it looks the exact same, so my b it worked, and thanks a lot smartass who told me to search.. i did.