Boss Tools App Writing Permission

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by alerune, Jan 29, 2008.

1. alerune

alerune New Member

I've read that Boss Tools moves the Apps to another partiition on the Ipod, This inhibits an Applications ability to write files that could possible save preferences,

I've already used boss Tools to move my Apps, and the problem is really furestrating me, The Gameboy Advance Emulator can't write .sav or what ever files to save my games (this is a problem in Advance Wars) and it won't allow the Emulator to save my preferences. I've confirmed this inability for apps to write files wiht Solitar and other 3rd Party apps.

Is there something that i'm missing, Is there something to remove these write limits?
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Ummm, you could try using WinSCP to go to /private/var/root/Media/Roms/ and right click on the folder, and under permissions, check ALL the little boxes. There should be 9 in all. (Th octal will be 0777) A few should already be checked tho. Post if that works, it may not. I am testing it now.

EDIT: AND IT WORKED!!! I opened an old save game, walked around, then went to the menu, hit "Yes Overwrite Old", then excited Gpsphone and opened it, and I was where I saved it!
  3. alerune

alerune New Member

Wow, It actually worked. Thanks! It kind of make sense now that i think about it.
    The moving of the Applications to a private folder would require permissions that would allow an application from out side to write files. Giving the files Write access for all users fixed it.

I still have a problem though. It won't save my settings in GPS Phone. I'll try giving write access within the GPSphone.app file maybe that'll work