Boss Tool

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eyecandy0420, Feb 1, 2008.

1. eyecandy0420

eyecandy0420 New Member

I was searching for some information and couldn't find so figured I would ask. I haven't installed Boss Tool yet because I didn't want to mess anything up. I am on 1.1.1 and was wondering if I could just move games instead of all of my applications. I am just weary b/c I hear of everyone else's problem and it being a big deal to move stuff back over. Thanks!
  2. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

you don't use bosstool on 1.1.1. The only reason people are using it is to move their apps on 1.1.3 because their root partion is too full of memory. and you can't just move your games, you'd have to move all of your apps.
  3. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am on 1.1.1 and I used Boss Tool yesterday. It is GREAT. I have 40MB of free space now, I was FULL. LITERALLY FULL. Zero space left and I only had two pages of apps. Just D/L off the installer and go for it. I also have all the command line tools and such that do not show up. Only thing I do not have is the developer stuff like Pearl, etc...

I did not move fonts and all that jive, just apps. There is no reason to move anything back over. Just move it and be done.

You couldn't possibly have anything on there that would mess it up.... Look at all the crap on my Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    used great

i used it on jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod touch no problem
    why would you want to move apps back ?
    that would just fill up the free space again and there is no need to.
    this moves your apps directory to the other partition then when you install new apps they go onto the new partition as well therfore you have removed your app limit so you can install as much as you want
  5. jakarpinsk1

jakarpinsk1 New Member

when I used bosstool it messed up my ipod so I had to downgrade it and reupgrade then I made an application that works and it actually runs faster. If you want it is at NewAttiPhone.com and the repository is newattiphone.com/repo.xml
    it is called Installer Memory Fix App
  6. eyecandy0420

eyecandy0420 New Member

I thought I had read somewhere in the forums that to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3 you would have to move everything back over. Wasn't sure tho, and prob read wrong. Thanx for all the info...i will try!
  7. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want to spam, then spam (like you have been doing) but don't sorry someone's good name that has worked hard for the community to develop this great app you sorry piece of trash.
  8. febern

febern New Member

Hello!

I just tried this Boss tool. Fonts already moved, i did relocate application as well, there was the loading circle you know, but it still show me relocate applications instead of applications already moved.

Any ideas?

Ps: Version is: 0.35
  9. mrblack927

mrblack927 New Member

Thanks! That seems to have completely fixed the "running out of space" issue I've been having (hopefully). Will let you know if it happens again but so far so good!

I'm using 1.1.3 16gb iPod Touch btw.
  10. eyecandy0420

eyecandy0420 New Member

so if I use boss tool now on 1.1.1 can I still upgrade to 1.1.3 (once a stable one comes) and jailbreak w/o any problems? That is where I got the idea of having to reverse the process.