Boss Tool Substitute?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tryko, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any application available through installer that can also move your applications folder so that you don't get a problem with the 300mb space for your apps?

I've seen there are ways to do the same by SSH ing into your ipod and run commands but I don't have WIFI so i'm using Iphone PC Suite and that program doesn't have a terminal.

Any help would be appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can always use total commander and download the plug in to put files that way. I heard of alternatives for the boss tools but that required downloading an app over installer. If you need the boss tool app just pm me and ill give you a link so you can upload it to your ipod touch using total commander. You do have squid or finder in your ipod touch right?
  3. toehead

toehead New Member

Cydia will do it
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You mean cydia manager? The replacement for installer? But i thought he had no wifi so what's the point...
  5. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I can give you BossTools.app later if you want.
  6. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can access wifi at friends so I can download it through installer but I can't SSH into my ipod at a friend's house since I don't have a laptop or anything. I can SSH into my ipod at home but only with iphone PC suite and it can't run commands only change permission. All the guides I read where you could manually move your apps required you to run commands.

So anything I could do through installer would be fine. I downloaded bosstools through installer but it isn't working so that's why I was searching for a substitute

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Tryko

Tryko Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    BUMP bump