"Boss Prefs" app hiding screwed up my iPod.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Retrospire, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Retrospire

Retrospire New Member

My brother was fooling around with my untethered JailBroken iPod Touch 2G today, and he went into the"Boss Prefs" app. Apparently, he chose to turn all of the apps off. When it tried to restart itself, it wouldn't load. The apple symbol appeared, but now the little loading circle is also there. It won't start up, and keeps restarting itself. Yes, I've already tried restarting it in DFU mode. Nothing. I haven't tried restoring it yet, because I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas so i don't have to lose all of my songs. Thanks for any advice!
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No, BossPrefs didn't screw your Pod, your brother did.

If you have OpenSSH installed, when it's booting, go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences and rename com.apple.springboard.plist to com.apple.springboard.plist.orig or something like that.

That should unhide all icons and maybe save your iPod.
  3. luke_t0

luke_t0 New Member

uh i kinda did same thing cause i thought would be funny half my apps + boss prefs hidden i didnt know what would happen so um yer.....
  4. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, you don't have to rename it. You just have to delete it. It happened to me too. I was setting up a modded theme and accidentally turned off all my icons. I intended to leave one on but that obviously didn't happen. It kept my phone on an endless reboot cycle for hours. Luckily I still could SSH into my iPhone and fix it. Just go to what pelaez-1 said through SSH and delete the .com/apple/ whatever it was he said. You should back it up though just in case something else goes wrong. I deleted mine and my phone started back up and gave me half my icons back. Good enough to have my phone running and that's plenty happiness for me.