Bose Vs. Shure

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by tequilaboom, Apr 1, 2009.

1. tequilaboom

tequilaboom New Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what you would recommend?

Shure SE115 or Bose in-ear headphones?

Conversely, I can save a bit of money and buy Sony Noise-Cancelling Headphones (MDR-NC6)...but I am looking for the ultimate best audio quality. I already tried buying the Shure SE115 and found them to be worse than the stock Apple earphones (is that possible?...). I found them to have really flat sound (no good bass, or highs).

Thank you guys for all the input!

p.s.

Type (In ear/On ear): In ear.
    Budget: max 120 or so US.
    Musical preference (What do you listen to?): Rock.
    Headphones preference (Quite bassy, detailed, warm, bright etc...): Detailed and warm.
  2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    No way they are worse than Apples crap. I can't comment on them as I have older E4g's but I know they are better. Possibly a rare defect maybe? Wrong fit in ear? Many reasons.
  3. tequilaboom

tequilaboom New Member

yeah I was thinking there's no way Apple's can be better...maybe I'm really used to the Apple sound signature? I mean the way I see it, if I spend more than $100 on headphones I want to see an immediate improvement and not have to 'listen' to it if that makes any sense. For example, I bought Bose speakers and saw a HUGE improvement in sound quality from my previous ones...
  4. ThatGEEKFreak

Device:
    iPad 3
    Mine were like that, I never go back. Want some sennheiser ie8's now. Spend over 200 and you are guaranteed an excellent sound as long as you get a good brand. ex Shure/Sennheiser.
  5. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Shure sucks on the lower end ... and you just pay for the name of bose
  6. beebop

beebop New Member

ask chungster... he knows like... everything about earphones/headphones
  7. ThatGEEKFreak

Device:
    iPad 3
    I love mine though, they are very crisp and clean. First time I put them in it I was like, so this is how everything is suppose to sound.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    He'll tell you what I do, go big $ or go home, well as long as you can afford it.
  8. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    No he doesn't have to pay a lot ... some people don't hear the difference out of phones or don't appreciate the sound.

To get the ball rolling you could try a pair of etymotic er-6 (i). Neutral sounding and going into the direction of the high end iems.
  9. ThatGEEKFreak

Device:
    iPad 3
    Damn, I forgot about them. He doesn't but if he cares enough he should.
    If you decide you want more then you pay for something twice because you wanted something better, am I right?
  10. beebop

beebop New Member

personally... i love skull candies... i know they're not amazing.. but for the price, you just can't beat that style and sound