Bose on-ear headphones

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by hypochondriac, Dec 18, 2008.

1. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

My sister has a bit of money and said she will buy me some headphones from America. Are these good ones to go for?
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bose on ears are really good

Please Register or Log in to view images

How much money does she exactly have?
  3. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

Wll she's my twin but I'm at uni and she's a dancer on a cruise ship in America. She earns about $2,000 a month but has most of that to save/spend because her room and food is all paid for. I asked her if she had an address so I could buy thing from America and send them to her and she said she would just buy me some headphones and asked if I wanted anything else. I'm gettng my 32GB 2G for Xmas and was looking at accessories. Also looking at the Nike amp+ because I'm running the marathon next year and a decent remote. Anyone got any suggestions? Sorry for the long post!
  4. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Here's some basic questions, so I can find some ideal ones for you.
    What kind of genre of music do you like listening to?
    Do you love lots of bass, or a mix of bass, mid and treble?
    Do you want on ear or in ear?
    Price range?
  5. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

I'm afraid my answers to your questions are not going to be too helpful! I do like in-ears but they always seem to break in my pocket. I bought some sennheiser's for thirty quid for my N95 8GB but one side stoped working after a couple of months. I was thinking of getting some headphones because they would probably be a bit more substantial. I tried the bose ones at the apple store and they sounded really good but I am a bit of a novice when it comes to high end headphones. I liked the bose ones because although they were headphones, they were also portable so I could take them everywhere easily. The music I listen to varies wildly but I do like listening to some classical and a variety of music accross a lot of genres. I don't really want to spend more than the amount that the bose will cost because asking for more is a bit cheeky.

Any comments about other accessories I can get my sister to buy for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just bought a pair 2 weeks ago..and they are amazing..go for them
  7. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

Thank you much appreciated. I'm also looking at the monster iezclick to control my ipod wirelessly. Is this a good idea? Or do you think a remote would be better? Any suggestions for that as well?

I love this forum by the way, been coming here for a few months.
  8. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You sure you don't want in ears? There is a bigger range to choose from.
  9. hypochondriac

hypochondriac New Member

I just wouldn't want to spend all that money on earphones and then have them break on me. I would feel bad.
  10. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For me, I am a Shure user. Good thing about them is that they are seperated into 2 parts. So you have the headphones in a y joint, then an extension cable. Also, you get 2 years warranty on the most expensive shures, the SE530. I think it's better to buy the headphones online. You can save around £50-100 online, and considering that currency rates are really low at the moment.